Our Sunday School Schedule:
- Arrival and Dismissal: Children age 3-5th grade begin the 10:00 worship hour in worship service. They go to their Sunday School class with their adult leaders at approximately 10:30 a.m., right after the Children’s Time.
- Children ages 3 years old to 5th grade, gather together for a large group time filled with music, storytelling, and discussion of our Bible Story for the day.
- After our Large Group Time, children are dismissed to their classroom to gather more information about our Bible Story of the day. At this time, children will play games, enjoy arts and crafts, and engage in a more developmentally appropriate discussion of the Bible story with their Group Adult Leaders.
- We end in a group prayer in each classroom followed by children being safely dismissed to their parent or guardian.
- Safety: Children must be picked up immediately after worship by responsible parent or guardian.
- Nursery-age 3 years old
- Pre-K & Kindergarten (ages 3-6 yrs. old)
- 1st Grade & 2nd Grade (ages 6-8 yrs. old)
- 3rd Grade-5th Grade (ages 8-11 yrs. old)
- Our children will enjoy singing and storytelling, craft-making, and playtime. Children will hear stories from the Old and New Testament and learn how to build their relationship with God and one another. Our chosen curriculum for the 2011-2012 Sunday School year is: SPARK curriculum from Spark House. Children will have an opportunity to learn familiar Bible stories as they begin to integrate these stories of faith into their daily living. Student Leaflets will be used in class and may be shared with parents each week.
3rd Grade Bible Presentations:
A long tradition at Loveland UCC is the presentation to each third grader of a Bible. This will take place during the “Back-to-School” worship service. Information will be made available to all children and their parents entering the 3rd grade.
Participation in worship is one of the important ways children learn and grow in faith and is an integral part of our whole Sunday School program. We learn by belonging and participating. Children need opportunities before they become adults to learn not only how we worship, but also to find out what it really means for them.
During the school year, children, Pre-Kindergarten age and older, attend the first part of the Sunday worship service with their families. They are present for singing and special music, prayers, scripture readings, baptisms, and a brief children’s sermon. After the children’s sermon they are dismissed to their Sunday School classrooms. Children are invited to be the bell ringers, read scripture, candle lighting, and are included in many other worship opportunities.
Spark is a faith formation program that gets children ages 2 through grade 6 excited about God’s Word. Spark lessons bring to life 150 stories from the Old and New Testament through games, art, music, and science, to accommodate all the different ways kids learn.
Spark is offered in three curriculum model options—classroom, lectionary, and rotation—that can be customized to work with an existing Sunday school program. At Loveland UCC, we have chosen to use the lectionary option.
Each summer, our Christian Children’s Education Board assisted by many amazing volunteers, hosts a “vacation bible school” at Loveland UCC for all children ages 4-5th grade.
Every year we have an awesome time full of GAMES, CRAFTS, BIBLE STORIES, MUSIC, AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY, FUN!!!
This year, promises more of the same!!!
COMING JUNE 22nd, 23rd, and 24th…ROCKY POINT LIGHTHOUSE! “Where Kids Shine God’s Light!”
Friday, June 22nd:
5:30-8:00 p.m.—Rotations and Pick Up
Saturday, June 23rd:
9:00-11:30 a.m.—Drop Off and Rotations
Sunday, June 24th: All Church Picnic and VBS Special Presentation!!!